Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Murder on the Links

From the book cover:
An urgent cry for help brings Poirot to France. But he arrives too late to save his client, whose brutally stabbed body now lies face downwards in a shallow grave on a golf course.
-----
The Murder on the Links is my third Agatha Christie novel and my second Hercule Poirot mystery. If you're a regular on this blog, you probably already know that I've pledged to read all of Agatha Christie's novels in order of their publication.

I really enjoyed this novel, I think I prefer it to the first Hercule Poirot mystery The Mysterious Affair at Styles. Poirot is even more eccentric. The addition of the younger Detective Giraud, and their constant banter and one-upmanship behaviour adds a a bit of fun and comedy to the plot.

In this novel, Captain Hastings' character becomes even more naive and clueless. He's the perfect side kick to Poirot's brilliant mind. The reader is most likely not at Poirot's level but is most definitely further along than Hastings.

Another plus, for me personally, are the few brief mentions of Canada.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment